HAPPY TRAILS BLOG

Monday, September 28, 2009

Shawn and Tami

This is going to be an interesting story.

Tami was one of the first people I met when we relocated back to New Mexico. The photo above is of her and her beau, Shawn. I thought it was adorable.

Tami and I stabled our horses together for a couple years and hit the trails quite often. I rode with her on her first endurance ride near Socorro, NM a couple years ago. Come to think of it, she hasn't done an endurance ride since, so I may have completely run her off! Usually people don't understand why we ride so far anyway...for FUN??

We thought getting photos of her mare, Cassie, in the creek that they often ride in would be a great idea...until one of the local neighbors stumbled down the hill towards the creek yelling at us to get off his land (I'm pretty sure he had been drinking!)

We all looked at each other...hmmm...what to do? Naturally, neither the creek nor the public road we were parked on technically belonged to him, but we weren't going to argue. So, I quickly shot a couple photos of Cassie playing in the water (shadows and all) and we relocated!

This is Miss Cassie and Tami with the gorgeous mountains in the background. I know...it's tough to live here and ride all these trails, but somebody's got to do it!

Blessings, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment