HAPPY TRAILS BLOG

Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Alive, It's Alive!



The desert is alive!  Just overnight it seems, it's bloomed!  Rode in the canyons today with my friend Cressy and her wonderful horse, Legs.  All we saw was blooming desert (not to be confused with a Blooming Onion at Outback Steakhouse).  I may or may not be craving onions right now...


   Welcome to my backyard (don't hate me...I know I'm blessed!)  The fields today were dotted with    blooming Yucca plants too.


 This is Muleshoe Canyon.  We rode back behind the lip of the canyon, down into the arroyo below...and climbed back up again.  All the colors are just popping.

I always expect John Wayne to show up whenever we're riding here.  It would be the right thing for him to do.


These blooming Yucca plants dot the desert everywhere.  They start out as big red "blooms" and explode into THIS!


This was the view as I was walking back out of the canyon tonight.  Just had to get some photos to share of our beautiful southwest backyard.  Come visit anytime!  We've always got an extra horse to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment